Thursday, June 23, 2011

Love At Home Quilt - Sneak Peak at Quilting

I designed this house block for a folk art quilt with house all over it. There are three trees. This is the quilting I did on it


Here is the stencil I used in the tree.



I auditioned my pattern on Press and Seal. The pattern is free motion. I did add 8 dots. 4 at the top of the hearts and 4 at the bottoms of the hearts as quides to help me get a more symetrical heart. I also added a few lines on the roof to help get that straight.





Here is the finished house. The nine patches are completely scrappy as you can see by the dinosaur.
This has been fun to quilt. See the whole quilt top here: http://colleensquiltingjourney.blogspot.com/2011/06/love-at-home-quilt.html








4 comments:

Joan said...

Lovely Colleen - looks great.

Sue Daurio said...

looks great!!

Jen said...

It looks great! I love that you use Press N Seal to audition designs, what a fabulous idea!

Gmama Jane said...

Explain how you use the Press n Seal?? I'm seeing this used quite a lot and I'd like some details. Do you sew on top of the PnS? Your quilting is lovley BTW!!
Blessings
Gmama Jane