Monday, April 18, 2011

My Project

This is the project I'll be working on for The FMQ Challenge.  My mother sent me this to quilt ... some time ago.  I had to make it bigger first though.  And add borders.  And finish (and begin) about a dozen other quilts/quiltlets.  Finally, the sandwich is made, the machine is loaded, and I'm ready to begin.  Even though The FMQ Challenge doesn't begin officially until Friday, I'm starting this now (because I actually have the day off - yay me!).  I have other projects to work on, should I somehow manage to finish this before the Challenge ends.



I'll be putting feather wreaths in the big white alternate squares and swirls and feather things in the star, with posies between the points.  For the borders, I'll do the innermost with a chain of posies, the next with swirls, and the last with feathers.  Whew, I'm tired already!  Is it done yet?

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Yes! I plan to do it. I need to practice and I have a quilt I have been working on. I want to put feathers in the border and have never done them before.

Sue Daurio said...

I would love to join the FMQ challenge. I have a couple of quilts on my "waiting to be quilted" list so should have enough to keep me busy for 14 days.

Jen said...

Wow! I can't wait to watch your progress!