Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 12 Janet

I was going through my reader this morning and I came across this tutorial at Addicted to Quilts.  I love Desley's quilting and I just love the look of this!  I decided that this was going to be my project for today.  I seldom mark my quilts, preferring to be a bit of a free spirit with my quilting, and so things end up quite organic feeling.  I'll mark a spine for feathers, just to have a starting point, but often go off track, so this was good practice for me.  Because I do free form as opposed to more traditional feathers, mine are not so plump and luscious looking as Desley's, and I just might have to go try some more traditional ones!  All in all, I can see me using this one after a bit more practice!


Desley linked to this tutorial at Jenny's Doodling Needle which is also very inspiring, but way easier on a long arm machine.  Still, I love me a challenge, and just might have to see what I can come up with!

p.s. the finished version of my second Sunny Days quilt can be seen here

6 comments:

corina said...

I really like this design. Thanks for the tutorial link. You're Sunny Days quilt turned out beautiful.

Mary Ann said...

Love this and your Sunny Days quilt! Thank you for the links for us to view.

Sue Daurio said...

Love the design. Your Sunny Days Quilt if fantastic!

JayTee said...

beautiful work

Joanne said...

Pretty quilting design. Thanks for the links.

Jenny said...

It looks great and thanks for the shout out!