Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Little Too Late

I'm Mary, from Quilting in Oz.  I had every intention of joining in this challenge and hopefully making a dent in my pile of unquilted tops.  Family obligations intervened, however, and we had to make a trip out of state last week.  We didn't return until Sunday night..too late to get my 14 days in.

So I'm not officially part of the challenge.  But yesterday I did dig out a  wall hanging I'd forgotten about.  And I got it quilted and even halfway bound.   It's about 29 X 37" and made from a remnant I picked up somewhere.  It was my first attempt at stack and whack..several years ago.  I'm not sure what I'll even do with it.



I used different designs/motifs in each of the blocks and lots of feathers. 



The back


I'm sorry for the poor picture quality.  It was hard to get the quilting to show.

I've really enjoyed seeing what everyone else has accomplished so far and know that there is still some great work to come!  Happy quilting!


Mary

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I am so pleased that you are joining in.
Your quilt is beautiful, great idea to try different designs in every block.

Colleen said...

Your stack and whack is lovely and the quilting looks fantastic!