Monday, May 9, 2011

Sue - Day 14 the finale

I finished the snowman quilt!! WooHoo!!!!  Wow I was so glad to finish that one.  I really had to make  myself focus and get that one done, but it's done, washed and packed away.

I quilted mittens on the green border, they aren't perfect.  I was going much too fast, but I'm calling the imperfections "whimsical".  I like that better!

What a great challenge!!  In the last 14 days I got so much practice done, and was so inspired by all the wonderful things people were doing.  I tried things that I wouldn't have otherwise tried and that's always a good thing.  I still have a lot of practice ahead of me, but will do it with much more confidence now.  I got a couple of new books thanks to the links and recommendations that were posted.  I actually have 4 finishes out of the challenge, that is awesome. And a great start on a set of place mats.  Thanks so much for hosting the challenge and the participants for sharing all their wonderful work and tips.  

4 comments:

corina said...

Congratulations on finishing the challenge and so many projects! I love your mitten border. I think it's just perfect.

Mary Ann said...

Finishing four projects is fantastic! Good for you!!

Linda said...

Great finish! Love your snowman quilt.

matate10 said...

congrats on your finish and your persistance in completing the challenge. Nothing improves FMQing like FMQing.