Thursday, April 21, 2011

Colleen's first project for the Challenge

This is the first project I am working on in the FMQ Challenge. I already have it sandwiched and am currently working on the ditch stitching. I am using a wool bat. I plan to do stippeling in the light background. This will make the star and the surrounding squares stand out. I am considering doing feathers in the orange part of the second border to make the first black border and the jungle print triangles puff up. I am undecided on the quilting of the outside border and would welcome any ideas on how to quilt it.






I like to make pieced backs to use up the fabric from the front. I really like how this back turned out. The pinwheels are from left over half square triangles and the four patches were from fabric to small to use as squares. I am really liking this back. This is a full size quilt.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Love the back of the quilt as much as the front of the quilt. Nice Job. Hugs

Home Designs by Amanda said...

Very pretty quilt. Love that the back is a 'quilt top' too.

What Comes Next? said...

that back is as stunning as the front! Can't wait to see how you quilt it

Jen said...

It's a reversable quilt! I love your quilting plan.