Thursday, April 21, 2011

Jennifer's Project

Hello everyone! I’m Jennifer from The Quilty Home. I joined the FMQ Challenge because I want to learn how to quilt beautiful feathers and flowers and swirls. My experience is quite limited, although my courage is limitless! For this challenge I will be practicing on my Rehab Quilt. Go here to read the story of this quilt.


I will be piecing on my Bernina Activa 220, using a FM foot and my walking foot. I will be choosing designs from the book 501 Quilting Motifs. I will be doing several designs. I am determined to get my practice in!
This week I have been working on piecing the back. I am using an old red sheet with some of the leftover black fabric thrown in. I am debating whether I should unpick a row and piece it in the back. I think that would look nice and make it just a little bit smaller for quilting. This guy is a monster! I bought some Warm and White batting (on sale at JoAnns) and will baste it this weekend.


I haven’t even thought about thread. Oh my.

I am so excited about this challenge! Reading everyone’s posts has made me even more excited. I can’t wait to quilt up this monster UFO. It might take 15 minutes a day for a 6 months; it’s so big!

No comments: