Thursday, April 21, 2011

Joanne's Projects

I finally layered my projects for the challenge.

These are the duplicate blocks from the Granny's Hankie BOM. It will be good practice to see what I would like to quilt on the real quilt. I plan on turning them into pillows.

This is a Drunkard's Path table runner. The white fabric isn't the best quality, it was just something I had and wanted to use - the results are that it doesn't lay very flat. I layered it with wool batting, and I am planning on quilting it with all over feathers (like Wendy did on her brown quilt), I hope this will help with the unevenness.

I have some pretty Aurifil thread that matches. I haven't decided which colour I will use.

I plan on starting the challenge tomorrow.

Good luck to all the participants! And thank-you so much for joining in the fun.

Joanne

4 comments:

Colleen Lunt said...

Both look really pretty!

What Comes Next? said...

two good projects to work on, can't wait to see them transformed with quilting! If it was me, I'd probably pick the orange/rust colour to quilt with on your drunkard's p[ath, but either will be lovely!

Joan said...

Love those colours Joanne :) and the cottons match beautifully ♥

Jen said...

The colors are darling. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I love your quilting!